<VV> Rusty Corvair

Byron Comp byron.comp at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 09:09:37 EDT 2011

> Message: 9
> Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2011 14:35:51 -0400
> From: "Crump, Peter E." <crump.peter at gd-ais.com>
> Subject: <VV> Remarkably rusty Corvair for sale
> To: "virtualvairs at corvair.org" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>
> <6DDE2978C880C64EB5323275164A308833D34E2CAC at EADC-E-MABPRD01.ad.gd-ais.com>

> Has anyone seen a Corvair this rusty for sale?
>
> Hard to believe that there are any usable parts left intact!
>
> http://annapolis.craigslist.org/cto/2559286946.html
>
> Pete

Sorry Pete, I forgot to address the price issue in my earlier post. I paid $450 to the same junkyard where I later sold it back for $150. The best price I could come up with for an EM windshield was $350, and that was at the Jax show 2 or 3 years ago. Clark's lists one for $432 plus all the extra S&H. Mine's not new, has some discoloration and beginnings of separation along the bottom corners, so I'll replace it someday when I find a good deal on one, like at a show or something.

Meanwhile, all the other parts I got were a bonus. But $1,250? NO WAY!!!

Byron Comp
'64 Monza Vert
Gainesville, FL