<VV> 1961 trim tag mystery?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:34:29 EDT 2011

Hello all,

     I was decoding a 1961 trim tag for a fellow Corvair owner over on
Corvairforum.com and ran into a little hiccup.  In the TRIM section, it say
&883.  Now 883 is a Blue interior as far as I know.. which makes since since
the paint was Midnight Blue... but what the heck is that ampersand for?
I've never seen one before.. not that I've seen all that many.

     I also was not able to find the info on the "suffix" under paint.  I'm
fairly certain the suffix (example 914-2 the suffix I'm referring to is the
2) is the interior paint color, but haven't been able to find info on this
code.

     Mostly however, I want to know what that "&" before the trim color code
means!.... could it mean perhaps.. a two tone wheel or something like that?
If this is a mystery to you as well I can provide a photo of the trim tag.

Thanks!

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA