<VV> IDing Oil Leak

the.tysons at comcast.net the.tysons at comcast.net
Fri Sep 9 18:24:59 EDT 2011

I have a 100 mile trip planned for tomorrow and an oil leak has me worried.  The oil collects on the bottom of the oil filter.  I tried tightening the filter bolt but the leak continued.  Thinking it might be a bad filter, I changed the oil and filter.  Never used a torque wrench on the oil filter before but this time I checked the shop manual and tightened to 15 ft-lb.  Looks like I still have a leak.  Should I tighten further?  Is there another source that would allow oil to collect on the filter?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Rick