<VV> Porsche Cooling

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Sun Sep 11 15:04:19 EDT 2011

 If one were to look at VW, Porsche, and Corvair engines in detail, it's pretty clear that VW and Porsche had lots to do with each other, and the Corvair engine design is about as unrelated as one can be for an air cooled flat engine.

Besides, weren't the Lycoming and Continental flat six aircraft engines around by then? And wasn't the Tucker flat six a water cooled version of an air cooled aircraft engine?

I doubt the Porsche engineers had any troubles figuring out how to cool the center cylinders. It's just a matter of due diligence in the design.

John Roberts