<VV> PG neutral safety switch

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 21:30:34 EDT 2011

Tonight I pulled the dash out of the 63' Monza PG coupe.  Afterward I hooked
up the ignition switch and tried to start the car... no matter where I put
the shift cable it wouldn't crank.  I figure the problem is likely the
neutral safety switch.  In disconnecting the dash I noticed a strange little
thingy on the right side of the shifter...  I kindof assume this is the
safety switch but I'd love it if someone could explain it's workings to me..
I tried holding the little button kind of thingy inside the end in and
trying to crank the car but still got nothing.

So I guess I'm wondering what I have to do to get the car to crank without
the dash and shifter installed, and also what that thingy is (if not the
safety switch) and how it works... want to make sure it doesn't give me any
trouble when I reassemble.... the car is expected to take Missy to work on
Wednesday morning.

Thanks

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez