<VV> EM package area... VOID continued

Robert Jennings jennirw at cass.net
Mon Sep 12 22:15:46 EDT 2011

All 1960's have a larger package area behind the rear seat as they do not
have a spare tire in the engine compartment nor a heater box above the
transaxle.  Their starter motors have the solenoid on the bottom in order to
allow this area to be lower - this makes the starter nose different than all
other corvairs'

Robert Jennings

317 Division St

Morenci, MI 49256

517-458-1586

jennirw at cass.net

Alright, Now I'm really curious.

Can anyone tell me, or better yet show pictures of the rear package area of
a 60 and 61 car?  Also, what differences between the 2dr and 4dr... and
between fold down seat and non fold down seat.  I found a picture of a 60
coupe with a fold down seat and there is a BIG storage area behind the rear
seat that is practically a second trunk!  Is this stock?

I was not at all aware that different earlies had drastically different
package areas!  Very curious to learn the details.

Thanks,

--

Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez

Lake Ariel, PA