<VV> Mean Cedar Rapids BP Mgr. let Corvair burn up

rbuckridge at comcast.net rbuckridge at comcast.net
Wed Sep 14 22:40:49 EDT 2011

Many years ago, a friend of mine, was out driving his Corvette on a shake down run. Smelling gas he pulled over and popped the hood. Seeing flames he slammed the hood closed and looked for help.

Being Sunday, the store was closed but he could see a fire extinguisher just inside the glass door.

He kicked open the door, grabbed the extinguisher, put out the fire and tightened the leaking fitting.

He was long gone before the "boys in blue" showed up to answer the alarm.

I'm not advocating a violent approach, but I would have fought for that extinguisher from the people who refused to help.

Roy in Bayville, NJ