<VV> About getting older . . . .

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Thu Sep 15 13:05:29 EDT 2011

In a message dated 9/15/2011 8:15:17 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
ricebugg at mtco.com writes:

Several  years before the dumb terminal showed up, I heard a group of
engineers  discussing how you know you are getting old.  The two repeatable
ones  are: when teenage girls start opening doors for you, and when the
mothers  of teenage girls start looking better than teenage  girls.

I spoke at the San Jose Mini-Convention in 1987. I was just turning 40. I
mentioned, at the time, that when I was 20, I had no interest in 40 year old
 women. They were my mother's friends. But, now, in 1987, there were a lot
of  great looking 40-year-old women. I then added that the 20-year olds
still looked  as good as they ever did. And that this was the only thing I had
found inspiring  about getting older, the expanding population of the
opposite gender.

Almost 25  years later, I am still looking for another "inspiring" thing
about getting  older.

Seth Emerson

C's the Day! -  Corvair, Camaro, Corvette
San Jose, CA