<VV> Warning on fuel pressure regulators

Charles Cromwell corvairguy2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 07:41:35 EDT 2011

I had the same problem.  A regulator on my Corvair let go the same way, spilled gas all over the top of the engine and I was lucky enough to have smelled it before it ignited.  I called the manufacturer and reported my problem.  They told me to send it back to them for an inspection.  They agreed that the diaphram had ruptured.  They replaced it with a new one and told me they would not recommend putting it on a car that sits for any period of time like the Corvair does.  The new regulator hangs on the wall in the garage and will never go on another car.