<VV> oil pressure question

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 12:25:39 EDT 2011

Yes, pressure is a bit low, but not critical. Clearances open up at
normal temp. Checking the oil pump wear and end clearances are your
best bet. Keep the end plate to the tight side. 35 Psi when cold tells
me the spring is ok but the pump is a bit weak, cannot keep up with
wider clearances when warmed up. If tightening up the clearances does
not work, replace the pump or use a 15-50 oil and see what happens
first as a test. Mark Durham

Sent from my Windows Phone From: Michael Kovacs