<VV> what year did reverse lights become mandatory?

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sun Sep 18 23:45:05 EDT 2011

I replied too quickly.

The year GM had backup lights on all cars (not optional lamps) was 1966.

Corvair Monzas all seem to have backup lamps as part of the standard
equipment package.  500 and 700 cars from 1960 to 1965 came with
aluminum plates over the holes where optional back up lamps could be
installed by factory, dealer or owner.

Pictures anyone?

Frank DuVal