<VV> emergency flashing light

Ulli Dittmar info at california-camping.de
Tue Sep 20 09:38:53 EDT 2011

Bob,

all cars have to have them even my 53 VW Oval Window - only pre WWII cars are allowed to drive without - but they need to have a special permission for that and they are not allowed to have indicators. If you have indicators you have to have emergency flashing lights - I have just called the German TÜV - these are the guy which annoy car drivers every two years - and they told me even when the car (only cars) is from 1885 and has direction indicators with light in them they have to have an emergency flashing light.

What you are probably thinking about are the position light - but this is before 1971 and they have to be orange lightened not white. After 1971 they are no longer allowed and have to be removed.

Ulli