<VV> A Decade worth of Spare Parts for a '66 Turbo Monza?

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Tue Sep 20 16:49:06 EDT 2011

On 9/20/2011 4:25 PM, shortle wrote:
> Or no spare fuel pumps if it has an electric.

Better carry an AAA card.

I have three Corvairs.  One with an electric fuel pump, two with stock
mechanical pumps.  Guess which one is getting a new fuel pump installed
tonight after stranding me?  Yup, the one with the electric pump.

I don't mean to re-launch the "stock vs electric" debate -- as noted, I
have Corvairs with each and I am going to continue to have Corvairs with
each.  Each has its pros and cons.  My Corvair with the electric pump is
getting a new electric pump.  But don't kid yourself into thinking that
an electric pump cannot fail.

--Bob Marlow