<VV> Transportation ideas

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Thu Sep 22 08:07:33 EDT 2011

Buy a one way ticket and drive it home!

This is an excellent way to have a short ... or extended ... vacation; an adventure.  I have done this quite a number of times for both Corvairs and other cars / trucks. I live in the Detroit, MI area and have driven cars back from Maine, Florida, California and points in between. But I did not limit my thinking to Airlines.  Busses take one a shorter distance at a much lower fare and trains [my personal favorite] are a wonderful way to travel if one can afford a little extra time.

I did have my 84 Eldorado convertible professionally shipped from Miami FL.  That was a station to station move; the dealer was able to make the arrangements and get the car loaded and I had to pick it up at a shipping terminal close to my home.  Cash wise, this was the cheapest when all factors were considered, but I did not get the little vacation.

The way I look at it I am going to spend money on my hobby.  The value I receive is in the adventures and the fun of ownership.  It does not take long to forget the shipping costs, no matter which choice of shipping one makes but, the story of your adventure will be long remembered.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.