<VV> Transportation Ideas

Taruffi57 at aol.com Taruffi57 at aol.com
Thu Sep 22 10:59:42 EDT 2011

Flew from Orlando to St. Charles, Mo. (FastLane) where wife of dealer
picked me up at airport and drove it back on tag I took with me.  That  was the
'66 Caddy Fleetwood Brougham 4 dr. (writing tables &  footrests). The Green
Monster.  No problem, other than discovering it  got 11 mpg!!!!!
Also, flew from Orlando to Leavenworth, KS. where seller of my wife's '64
Monza vert. w/ factory A/C, picked me up at the airport.  Same tag  deal.
No problem on trip except using maybe less than a qt. of oil and a  little PG
fluid.  Sometimes you gotta wing it.
Flew Orlando to very northwest tip of N.J. to drive an Ultravan where
seller picked me up at Trenton for long drive to his home.  Ultra was a  major
"deferred maint.". piece of s _ _ t.  Touchy situation getting  him to drive
me back to airport when I refused to buy it.  Oh, I stayed the  night at
their home and had supper   :-)
Bought a Triumph TR8 out of snowed in Ohio.  Had Herman Baker out of  Ohio
(do a Search) bring it in for $600.
Bought '62 Pontiac Grand Prix from just outside of Lincoln, Neb. & had
_www.ram-transport.com_ (http://www.ram-transport.com)  bring it in for  $900
in March 2011.

Joe Dunlap
Cen. Florida