<VV> and other corvair stories

Joel McGregor joelsplace at earthling.net
Thu Sep 22 19:17:55 EDT 2011

If you are stuck in traffic or at a light you aren't speeding.  I guess you live with that cop in some alternate dimension where physics don't apply.  In my world back when I drove a long distance to work the normal commute with traffic going the speed limit took about an hour.  I could do it in 35 minutes taking a longer route with less traffic on Saturday in my '63 convertible.  The fastest I ever made it was about 25 minutes on my FZR but of course physics work in my world.
The trip from DFW to Amarillo used to take 7+ hours but now that the speed limit has gone up from 55 to 70 and 75 it only takes about 6.  Hmmmm...
Joel McGregor