<VV> Original Tires

Rich Gregory lzdick at comcast.net
Sun Sep 25 12:37:26 EDT 2011

I have several 7.00 x 13 Uniroyal Laredo tires, one of which I believe might be an original.  First, was a Uniroyal tire installed at the factory?  Does anyone know when they started with DOT tires?  I have one without and 2 with DOT lettering.  They are all on ssteel wheels and the non-DOT tire's wheel also has a 'MICRO' weight on it which I am quite sure was used at the factory.  I was of the belief that DOT tires began in the 1970 production year.  Can anyone enlighten?

Thanx, VirtualVairs.

Rich

Rich Gregory
lzdick at comcast.net