<VV> Original Tires

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Sep 25 14:29:15 EDT 2011

In a message dated 9/25/2011 9:37:35 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
lzdick at comcast.net writes:

I have  several 7.00 x 13 Uniroyal Laredo tires, one of which I believe
might be an  original.  First, was a Uniroyal tire installed at the factory?
Does anyone know when they started with DOT tires?  I have one without  and
2 with DOT lettering.  They are all on ssteel wheels and the non-DOT  tire's
wheel also has a 'MICRO' weight on it which I am quite sure was used at
the factory.  I was of the belief that DOT tires began in the 1970  production
year.  Can anyone enlighten?

Thanx,  VirtualVairs.

Rich

Uniroyal became Uniroyal in 1961, so it could have been a supplier.  US
Royal was a supplier on early models, they helped develop the wide tire for
the new 1960 Corvair. Not sure when the DOT markings started.

So - Are you making a dart board? You wouldn't really drive on any of
these?

-Seth Emerson