<VV> steering wheel color change

Joe White jwcorvair at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 10:10:10 EDT 2011

I painted my steering wheel a two-tone color. I didn't strip the wheel of the original color. I merely sanded the wheel to provide a surface for primer, then painted with primer, wet sanding between coats to smooth out the finish. I painted the finish coats with Duplicolor and gave it a final coat with flat clear Krylon. The wheel looked pretty good and has held up for years in the Colorado sun.

Joe (62 four-door, 66 Porvair)
CORSA, RMC
Boulder, CO