<VV> Corvair siting on ABC-TV's "Pan Am" ?

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 22:55:56 EDT 2011

<I believe Pan American World Airways was the first commercial airline  to
operate the 707, on October 26, 1958, so this Corvair, if it IS a  Corvair,
appeared about 7 years before actual production.

It was stated at the beginning of the show that it takes place in  1963.

<If my ID is correct, the late model Corvair was introduced in  London,
England in 1958 ?

There is what looks like a 1965 Artesian  Turquoise Corvair on the new show,
ABC-TV's "Pan Am"

If there was a '65 Corvair in the London scene, I missed it.

<There were also two red EM's in the first 5 minutes or so (may have  been
the
same one)

Yes, I believe it was the same car.  Looked to me to have the rear  grill
of a '62/'63 and to be Palomar Red.  Then again, I was watching on a  cathode
ray tube TV...!  It first appeared parked on Park Avenue with the  Pan Am
building in the background.  I wondered what time of day that scene  was shot
or if they used CGI since Park Avenue in Manhattan NEVER has so few  cars
on it.  The EM later was parked outside a suburban home where guests  were
assembled for a wedding.  The bride-to-be became a runaway bride when  she and
her sister hopped into a Cadillac convertible parked a few cars behind  the
Corvair and made a run for it.

~Bill Stanley