<VV> how rare is the Corvair Judson Supercharger setup?

Ramon Rodriguez III corvairgrymm at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 02:41:48 EDT 2011

Twice now I've run across info on this and I really love "period correct"
mods.  How hard (and how expensive) would it be to get one of these assuming
some patience etc.?  I really want one!

Anyone not familiar can look here to see what I'm talking about:
http://www.corvaircorsa.com/miller01.html

Also if anyone has any experience with how well the thing works I'd love to
hear it, but I want one even if it doesn't work well at all just because it
is a really cool bolt-on!  The ad I found for this thing in a 1965 issue of
"Car and Driver" says that they "guarantee 40% power increase at the
wheels"... sounds awful optimistic to me!  Also saw a listing in the C&D
bolt on article for a "Cragar" turbo that makes up to 18lbs boost... sounds
like a lot of boost to apply to a stock engine!

--
Ray "Grymm" Rodriguez
Lake Ariel, PA