<VV> FC Paint code

Craig Nicol nicolcs at aol.com
Sun Apr 1 08:50:18 EDT 2012

Vairtec wrote:
" Helping a friend, working on a 1961 Rampside with several coats of
paint on it... we've found three different colors so far. The paint code
on the body tag is 740G. I am many miles from my reference materials.
Can someone tell me what color this truck was originally? --Bob"

Craig replies:
740G is a two-tone code.  The body color was 714 cardinal red and the
stripe 726 cameo white.  Re the stripe - I'm pretty sure, but not
positive, that the stripe was cameo white rather than pure white.

Craig