<VV> Windshield Washer options

Robert K. Henry robertkhenry at bellsouth.net
Sun Apr 1 17:48:20 EDT 2012

I just discovered where all the water in my trunk was coming from. The
windshield washer pump diaphragm is broken into two pieces. Clark's has a
"fits and works" replacement for the pump. I found a pump listed on Advance
Auto Parts web site that their computer confidently assures me will fit a
Corvair, but when I got the part I found that it's completely wrong. For one
thing, the mounting holes are too far apart. I see lots of washer pumps
listed online, also claiming to fit Corvair, that I suspect are the same: a
one-size-fits-all "Corvair part." (Doesn't anyone check this crap before
publishing their catalogs?) The pictures and the ANCO part numbers look
exactly like the one I just returned to Advance. I've considered an
aftermarket electric pump, just push the button and the electric pump would
squirt water just like on new cars, if I could find a suitable part. So,
what would you  recommend?

Robert Henry

'65 Corsa Convertible Turbo

Knoxville, TN