<VV> Phone Truck WAS wheel color

Ken Pepke kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Apr 3 09:01:26 EDT 2012

Many years ago I had acquired a former Michigan Bell 'Display' truck.  It was a '95' with windows full length down the right hand side and in the right hand rear door.  The left hand side and the left rear door had no windows behind the driver seat.  It was that 'Bell' Olive color without the side stripe.  It was not drab but shiny ... and NOT a regular production order color.  The wheels were also the Olive body color [as were the hub caps] but the spare was missing.  I really wanted to save that unusual truck but there was almost nothing left of the undercarriage and I just did not have the heart [nor time] to remount the outer panels on another '95.'

These vehicles were built on the truck line.  It would not have been uncommon for any fleet vehicles to be painted in the purchasers corporate identity colors right at the factory and I am sure that is exactly how my 'Bell' truck was delivered.

Ken P
Wyandotte, MI
Worry looks around; Sorry looks back, Faith looks up.