<VV> Fwd: Wheel color

Doug Mackintosh dougmackintosh at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 3 20:28:19 EDT 2012

I have not lost count of my Corvairs (yet), but my 1962 Monza came to me with wheels painted white both inboard and outboard. It appears to me like a factory finish, but I could not prove it is original.

<<Ken Pepke said:
I, long ago, lost count on how many Corvairs I have had or had access to, but I can say that I never saw a wheel painted body color on the inside.  Black wheels were black wheel / chassis black paint [not body paint] both on the outside and on the inside with a few that were a semi gloss grey that looked more like a primer on the inside.  Body color wheels on the outside would show some overspray that came through the slots.  That was even evident on the inside of wheels that were body color black.>>

-- Doug Mackintosh
Corsa member since 1996
Corsa/NC member since 1996, Virtual Vairs member
Corvair owner 1969-1971 and 1996-on