<VV> Slightly OT rant re pedals

Jeff Wilson jwilson at unctv.org
Thu Apr 5 16:23:36 EDT 2012

So an oddball question crossed my mind the other day:
why are the control pedals under our dasboards arranged
the way they are?

Wouldn't it make much more sense to have the CLUTCH pedal
next to the gas and the BRAKE to the far left?

You have to lift your foot off the gas to release the
clutch anyway....

And if the brake were on the outside you wouldn't have the
'my car ran away with me because I thought I was stomping the
brake but I was really putting the gas to the floor' problem.

Who arranged the pedals thusly? Henry Ford?

CJ Wilson