<VV> Opening day car show at the Indy 500

Tom Miller tomill at att.net
Sun Apr 8 19:43:56 EDT 2012

2012 Indy 500
2nd Annual Celebration of Automobiles
Saturday, May 12, 2012

IMS has invited CCC to participate! Scheduled events include the Vintage
and Historic car show featuring some of the most beautiful and rare cars
from 1920 to 1970, the Emerging Tech showcase and evGrand Prix, and the
Automobile Festival, a show and shine type display of automobiles of
many marques, including CORVAIRS!!!
That's right! IMS has invited Circle City Corvairs to be a part of this
year's Auto Fest, and we welcome you to join us for a day at the track.
This will be a fantastic opportunity to show off your car, be it a daily
driver or a concours champion, as a large Opening Day crowd is expected
for the first official oval track practice of the new DW 12 Izod Indy
Car. We'd love to give race fans the opportunity to see and appreciate a
variety of models, styles, and years of our beloved Corvairs, so please
plan to attend if you can.
Entry fee for the day, PER CAR, is $50. That includes gate entrance for
everyone in the car, parking in the Infield Auto Fest corral, a
commemorative dash plaque, a $5 IMS retail discount voucher, and the
opportunity to take your Corvair on a lap around the famous IMS oval!
To register online, go to
http://secure.brickyard.com/Promotions/Promotions
<http://www.facebook.com/l/2AQHYBnEz/secure.brickyard.com/Promotions/Promotions>.
Use Promo Code AUTO FEST. (NOTE: There is not a "traditional" car show
registration form to fill out; an IMS representative will contact you to
get your car club affiliation). You can also register by phone at
1-800-822-INDY or 317-492-6700. Deadline for entries is May 4, 2012. If
you have questions, please contact Indianapolis Motor Speedway Public
Relations at imspr at brickyard.com <mailto:imspr at brickyard.com>. Circle
City Corvairs contact for this event is Cathi Clark, at cathijlc at comcast.net
To make sure we're parked as a group in the car corral, we will meet
early Saturday morning at Bush Stadium (1501 West 16th Street) departing
at 8:45 am and drive as a group to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
We will bring our canopies to provide shade and our signs so folks know
who we are; you are welcome to bring lawn chairs and refreshments
(subject to IMS regulations).