<VV> alternator replacement II

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Apr 9 20:27:50 EDT 2012

I've had one  internally alternator for about twenty  years.  Over 40K
miles on it.  It was a daily driver until  about seven years ago.  No problems.
Just brush and blow out the heat  sink area as you did for your original LM
alternators to keep everything  cool.  (You do do that occasionally don't
you?)  The Corvair  alternator fan does a great job.  The only conversion I
have seen fail (yes  I saw it) didn't have the correct Corvair fan and end
housing--it was a water  pumper alternator mounted on a nicely crafted home
built bracket instead of the  LM engine mount.

Bob

In a message dated 4/9/2012 8:17:20 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,