<VV> Engine compartment heat

ricebugg at comcast.net ricebugg at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 23:34:17 EDT 2012

While I'm not sure what the potential contamination is of hogwash, or the tempature tolerance of internal regulated alternators, I can offer this observation on the engine compartment temp.

Once upon a time, I had a turbo charged 140. I got curious about how hot it got on shutdown.  Since I had access to tempature sticks at work - they looked like caryons for 2 yr olds - I borrowed a set one hot Friday in July.  It was 94 deg. F on Sat, and I used the sticks liberally in the engine compartment.   I saw temps approaching 300 deg F on the sheet metal minutes after shut down.  Made me wish I had a Stinger deck lid to let the hot air out at shutdowm.

 Skin starts to burn at 126 deg F,   If you cannot touch it for long, it is hot enough to burn you pinkies.

Your temps may vary.

Historically Yours,
	James Rice

Message: 4