<VV> Oil Control Rings

Mark Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 21:10:56 EDT 2012

Gary, your cylinders and rings are worn beyond limits. I had the same
problem with my engine. My oil control rings also fell through on my
Cylinders. The cylinders will be to worn to just hone and re-ring.
Gaps should be .010 to .020 at install As stated in my GM overhaul
manual, page 6a-39. The book says operation is not affected if gaps
stay smaller than 1\32" or .032". The gap will widen a bit in wear in,
but I'm pretty sure it's due to the worn cylinders and rings rather
than the gap.
Mark Durham Hauser Idaho (close to Spokane).
Sent from my Windows Phone