<VV> Teflon Tape?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 01:08:30 EDT 2012

One more note, though. If you use an excess of Teflon tape on the threads
of a switch, such as the oil pressure switch used on the corvair, It is
possible  to isolate the body of the switch from a good ground, thus defeating
the  purpose of the switch. The warning light might not come on at all -
easily  checked at engine start-up - but not the suggested situation. Just go
easy on  the tape, or use a switch with an external ground path. And the tape
is only for  use on tapered threads, as mentioned.

-Seth Emerson

In a message dated 4/17/2012 8:15:28 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,