<VV> Interesting GM Move!

Dave Keillor dkeillor at tconcepts.com
Thu Apr 19 19:42:56 EDT 2012

I never could understand the fascination with the Chevy "SS" models --
especially when SS became nothing more than a sticker package.  To me, the
original meaning of "SS" was a car with an oversize engine that was very
overweight in the front end and went fast only in a straight line -- and
couldn't stop when the straight line ended.  When I was a twenty-something
in the 60s, I lusted after British sports cars, the Saab 96, Volvo
444/544/122, BMW 1600/2002, and even Corvairs.  I tried to buy a 1963
Corvair convertible as my college graduation present, but the salesman told
the punk kid (me) to get lost.  As a wise man once said, "If you can't go
fast with 90 hp, 900 won't help you."

So, calling your car something other than "SS" sounds great to me.

Dave Keillor

--
Dave Keillor
Technology Concepts