<VV> Vair meets Fiat 500!

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Apr 21 15:54:12 EDT 2012

Author is completely off base!
Tucker wanted water cooling from the beginning of the design. The mule
with the Tucker 6 cylinder engine (589 cu in) is in Alexandria, VA, and
it is water cooled. When they knew that engine was not going to be ready
for production use, they used Franklin air cooled engines, but heavily
modified them in house including water cooling.

The 589 had two torque converters and NO transmission! Each converter
drove one rear wheel.

Frank DuVal