<VV> UltraVan 404 - Another milestone

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Mon Apr 23 21:00:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

The 3.1 litre Corvair motor is now fully ensconced in its rightful home in
the back of the coach and today I completed the primary engine bay wiring
and the beast actually started on the key! A few "minor" issues, like a
throttle linkage that wants to make it idle at 4,000 RPM but the motor runs.
It even brought the neighbours over (who undoubtedly think I'm totally
insane for tackling something like this but that's a whole other story J).

So tomorrow I fix the throttle linkage, test run it again, set the timing
and make sure that the air vents open up as they should. Then I connect up
the oil temperature and oil pressure gauges, add the air cleaners and the
last engine seal at the front of the motor. The last item on the motor "to
do" list will be to add  Ray Sedman's SafeGuard anti-knock unit and readjust
as required.

I need to add one new muffler hangar (I have duals now, vs. the single on
the original motor) and then I should be able to bring it down off the
blocks and jacks.

So with a bit of luck and good weather it should be mobile by the weekend.

Regards,

Bob