<VV> Dieseling early AM FM radio...

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Apr 24 04:08:44 EDT 2012

Dieseling:  what is idle at? IF it was ok at one point , try lowering  the
idle.  I would not run any Corvair on today's regular gas. Also check  for
vac leak.
on the 63 corvair for sale with the "factory am fm radio" , sorry to say
they did not offer a Delco Factory AM FM radio until 1965. tThat radio looks
to  be a (if delco) chevelle or nova , cant see the picture that well. If I
had the  number from the side tag , I still have a lot of my factory service
books from  when I worked on them under warranty...but it is still a radio
of value , if  repairable.
best looking AM FM or even stereo for an early (still very rare!) is from a
 72 chevy pickup. Minor changes to shaft length , and it looks like a
Corvair  with slide bar. push buttons are the same , face could say CHEVROLET or
GMC  on it.
Regards, Tim Colson.