<VV> dieseling

Bruce Schug bwschug at att.net
Tue Apr 24 15:18:52 EDT 2012

Drop the idle rpm down. I don't idle at 900 even with an Isky 280.

A properly set up engine in good tune and condition should not diesel.
In an extreme case you could use an idle solenoid to keep the rpm up
to idle speed when the engine was running and then close the throttle
when you shut the engine off.

On Apr 24, 2012, at 9:04 AM, Brian wrote:

> On the way home yesterday, I put a half tank of high test --93
> octane--in the car.  The idle went up to 900 RPM.  At home I set the
> timing to 13 degrees.  This morning at work, it hardly dieseled at
> all.  Still at 900 RPM.  Yes, the retrun spring is strong.  i also
> have the Clark's helper springs on each carb.  I've checked the
> linage and no binding.

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
Membership Chair,