<VV> Dieseling

Tom Berg thesuperscribe at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 25 07:48:11 EDT 2012

With a manual transmission: Upon stopping and before shut down, shift into 3rd or 4th and let up on the clutch pedal a little, then shut off the key. Then quench any dieseling by fully engaging the clutch. If it diesels on the go (or pings, etc.), it might be timing or worse, and/or low-octane fuel.

With a 102, 110, 140, etc., pump in  only high-octane gasoline. It should be 92 or better. In much of the Midwest, premium is 93, and my 110 runs fine on it. Out in California, all we had was 91, which wasn't quite enough.

--Tom in Ohio