<VV> Piston / cylinder clearances shortened story

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 13:00:48 EDT 2012

has anyone had issues with sealed power forged piston size versus
markings?  I have a new set with the forged rods  (not from Clark's )  installed
marked as .040  and  Clarks full fin cylinders marked .040 .  The pistons
appear to only be .020 over... (showing 027 with feeler gauge  )  2 sets of
cylinders measure the exact same. I put a used set of  cylinders and pistons in
this motor , and problem went away. I am not used to  finding things like
this , and am just a touch annoyed. Problem is , the pistons  / rods were
purchased by some one else on E Bay a long time ago...
SO with .040 over rings , this set sounds like a solid lifter cam in old
vettes with Fuel Injection.
I am now out a lot of extra cash over this , plus wear and tear on me and
that motor taking apart to fix it.
  I would gladly listen to offers of real .040 good  premium cast  pistons
and stock rods with or without rings in swap for new (run @ 1 hour on  stand
) sealed power MARKED .040  but not , pistons and forged rods.
I can provide pictures . I also have a set of unused .040 full fin
cylinders , one opened to measure , for sale.
More details , email me after I cool down a little.
Regards, Tim Colson