<VV> Gas caps

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Thu Apr 26 14:18:07 EDT 2012

Since we are on the subject - I've never had a Corvair (car) gas cap that didn't leak.  New, old, locking, non-locking and lots of them but they all leak when the tank is full.  Is there some special cap I should buy?  I don't recall if I've ever purchased a new cap from a real Corvair vendor so it's possible all my 'vairs have the wrong caps.
I realize that if I went around corners at 2MPH the caps wouldn't leak but that isn't going to happen.
It's strange but they never leak in left hand corners.
Joel McGregor