<VV> Gas caps

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu Apr 26 17:04:23 EDT 2012

Since we are on the subject - I've never had a Corvair (car) gas cap that didn't
leak.  New, old, locking, non-locking and lots of them but they all leak when
the tank is full.  Is there some special cap I should buy?  I don't recall if
I've ever purchased a new cap from a real Corvair vendor so it's possible all my
'vairs have the wrong caps.
I realize that if I went around corners at 2MPH the caps wouldn't leak but that
isn't going to happen.
It's strange but they never leak in left hand corners.
Joel McGregor

 Original / older caps just have a hole in them..  leaker and constant fume device!  Why people's garages stink.

 Buy a new cap with the one -way check valve...  let's air IN.. .nothing out.

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Patio
http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages