<VV> Need Help/Advice

Jim shamrox75 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 27 18:53:42 EDT 2012

I'm a relative newbie to Corvairs (2006); but I have just about completed restoring the 1964 Monza Coupe PG I acquired from the Corvair Ranch. I am turning to the veterans for some help with a few questions I have:

1.  Is there anyone in the Athens-Augusta (Georgia)-Columbia, SC area who knows a shop or an individual who could replace my leaking rear main seal?

2.  I was following the thread on fuel tank caps; is the one available from Clark's (C446) a correct cap as was discussed?

3.  The dashboard needs to be painted (black). Can it be removed or can it be painted in place (assuming everything is masked)? Can anyone recommend appropriate paint?

4.  Has anyone installed the A/C kit available from Clark's? Any comments on it? Tips? Too hot in the summer down here to drive without it.

As always, thank you for your advice.

Jim Condon
Evans, GA
CORSA Member