<VV> Da Mitty

ricknorris at suddenlink.net ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sun Apr 29 05:31:02 EDT 2012

It was another wild and crazy day at the races!
Mike Levine got his clutch fixed and the ran like a bat outta hell as usual.
The Stinger James Reeve was driving broke the crank and I certainly know that feeling as I did the same in 2010. He will co drive Mikes V8 in the enduro along with Warren LeVeque. Speaking of Warren he didn't finish the race but I don't know what his problem was.
Norm Latulippe was have a belt tossing party (10 or 11 at last count) but finished the race.
Bob Coffin and David Clemens had a battle royale on the track. They were all too far ahead of me to see it. Jim Schardt finished as did Curtis Wood driving Jeff Moore's Stinger. Some one James drove last year. I think Spence Shepard made it also.
Dave Edsinger ran well as usual and was a great help to me getting my motor timed. The damned thing just has other issues but it runs and I made the show.
It has sprung an oil leak of unknown origin. Imagine that!
My backup motor will not go over 5 grand so I had a good time at the back of the pack. It was really a lot of fun. Bob Storc also finished. He was running a modest backup motor so, we were evenly matched and we had a blast racing each other.
It has been crazy to say the least.
Lot of Corvair folks dropping by and I got to meet Burt Levy, the ride mooch and he signed my whole collection of his books for me.
Also got to meet Dante of Dantes Down the Hatch fame, James Reeve's long time sponser from back in the day.
I'm sure I left somebody and some happening out but, I am tired. Today we race a 2:00 and it's over for this year. More later.
--
Rick Norris
#36 Sunoco Corvair
www.corvairalley.com