<VV> Paint Removal on Magnesium Fan

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Mon Apr 30 08:30:19 EDT 2012

 The fans had a black coating of some kind on them from the factory. I wouldn't sand blast them, as this may affect the balance. Paint strippers are fine for this, as long as they don't contain a caustic (as in alkaline) component.

A THIN coating of paint is recommended. Remember, this thing spins are a pretty good clip, and keeping it balanced is important.

John Roberts