<VV> No More backfiring

Bob Gilbert bgilbert at gilberts-bc.ca
Mon Apr 30 21:33:17 EDT 2012

Hi,

After jiggling this and adjusting that, today I got serious and went back to
the basics and item by item I very carefully reset everything up right "by
the numbers" - carb linkage, idle throttle, vacuum balance at idle, mixture,
timing ,etc. Et voila,  she starts right up and runs well, idles at about
800 RPM, no backfiring and no dieseling, all on regular gas!

I still don't know exactly what the underlying problem was and odds are that
it was a combination of a bunch of things being all slightly "off"

Amazing what happens when you do it right!! LOL!

Regards,

Bob

PS now if I only I could figure out why my backup lights come on when I
switch on the dash lights! One thing at a time, patience, patience.. J