<VV> Question/ Answer

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 09:55:22 EDT 2012

Ulli - The Corvair was originally designed with press-fit piston pins.
Those would be very inconvenient to remove with the rod still on the crank.
Some  have been converted to floating pins, with a retainer of some type to
keep the  piston pin in place. On those engines, it would be easier to remove
just a  piston. However, you should know that with the Corvair motor, you can
remove the  top breather/fan mount, and remove any or all of the
piston/rod/cylinder  assemblies after the head is removed. You need not split the
cases, except to  remove or replace the Crankshaft or Camshaft.

-Seth Emerson

In a message dated 8/1/2012 5:13:21 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,