<VV> another brake question--'61 Lakewood

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Aug 3 22:02:12 EDT 2012

Dot 5 does take longer to lose its bubbles if you aerate it, but just be
careful when you pour it in and it works just fine.  The second time I did
my own complete brake overhaul  with DOT5 I rushed got the fluid full of
bubbles so I had to drain it and refill it using another container of DOT5 and
one mechanic who used my DOT5 fluid when he renewed my brakes did the same
thing.  But the FIRST time I used DOT5 I took my time and the brakes were
firm with no air contamination problems.  It isn't the fluid it's  the
mechanic:)

Bob

In a message dated 8/3/2012 9:55:31 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,