<VV> Brakes - Question

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 00:16:11 EDT 2012

disks! - Seth

In a message dated 8/2/2012 9:47:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
gojoe283 at yahoo.com writes:

B"H
Hi folks!  Have a question on brake  adjustment.  Although all the
self-adjusters in my car are in there and  complete, I just don't trust that these
things do a "perfect" adjustment.  Maybe I'm wrong, but my question is:
Should there be some drag on  the wheel when it is spun off the ground with the
stock Corvair brakes?  Does anyone know of a tool that can be used to
measure drag so ensure  that the resistance is equal on all four wheels?
I've had my front end  aligned, replaced both front brake hoses, checked
all the shoes/drums, and it  all looks peachy.  Still she veers sharply to the
right when I apply the  brakes.  I suspect one or more wheels has an
incorrect brake  adjustment.
Thanks...Bill Hershkowitz 66 Monza Sport Sedan 110 PG  A/C