<VV> Type of Motor Oil Question

rich dixon dixon5553 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 09:45:54 EDT 2012

Hi - Need to know the weight and type of oil to use in my 1966 110HP Monza. I have read about people using Diesel oil since it has the proper additives/properties needed for these older engines.

Also, this engine has not been apart expect to replace the push rod tube seals, and has been not been run for five years, it was stored with no oil, in the pan. Can I t add fresh oil/filter and turn it over via the starter,  and then attach the ignition, or does it need to be "primed" some how first.

Thanks
R. D.