<VV> Bad Corvair

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Sun Aug 19 16:12:01 EDT 2012

Smitty says;  Some things mentioned were very obvious but overlooked by me.
Others were people that had not thoroughly read what I had written.  Here is
a list of the most significant t help offered

1.        John Faccin.   Compression test was done on a recently run engine.
12 volts at the+ on the coil, engine not running , points open.  When engine
dies it is too erratic to be related to any individual Cyl or Cyls.

2.       Frank CB and Ron.  Gas cap was not checked for vented or surge
proof.  (good guess)

3.       Ernie Sanders and Ken Pepke.  Replacement coils were old road
tested coils.  No changes were noted upon replacing them.

4.       Tom Dudak,  No RRPT on an Early Tom

5.       Jerry M.  Tank to fuel line hose.  Not very likely Jerry.  Hose was
in new condition.

6.       N2VZD and Bob Helt.  Many seconds after shut down, carb fuel lines
were cracked and a good spray of fuel exited the lines.  Will pull carb tops
and see how much fuel is inside when we can.  Stability of spark with timing
light was very good on rundown and spark remained yellow and snapping hot.

7.       My apologies to the rest of the country but right now we have to
find a gap in the rain storms to work on the car.  Information gained will
be passed along