<VV> Some facts.

Brian bmoneill at juno.com
Mon Aug 20 09:58:37 EDT 2012

A few items for your information regarding the 2012 Convention car Display.

The car display was scheduled on Saturday for more than two years.  At the very first briefing to the CORSA Board at the Iowa convention, the schedule reflected this.   The existence of car display procedures was unknown at that time. the rules were provided to me on March 12, 2012. In reviewing these rules it was obvious that he requirement to make trophies with winners names ready in just a couple of hours would have been and is now viewed as unrealistic.  The car display procedures were provided long after the schedule was set and the awards decision made.

The CORSA BY-Laws does not require any type of car show so the rules for it, valve cover races and model car concours must be considered as advisory not mandatory. The event at the 2012 convention was billed as a car display not a judged show.

Opinions have been put forward regaring the quality of the awards from our car display.  They are simply that--opinions.  Some are positive and some are not. That's the way it is in life.

As has been mention in many posts, our goal was a fun event.  We accomplished that.  Time to move forward.